As a retail center owner or manager, you are constantly assessing your property and reevaluating operations so that they run more efficiently and cost-effectively. But have you ever assessed what really goes out with the trash? Yes, even waste removal can be streamlined!
A reliable waste management consultant can perform an audit that will answer important questions such as:
• How much waste does your retail center actually generate — is the amount considered high- or low-volume?
• Are there signs that you could reduce the amount of waste generated?
• Is the frequency of garbage pick-up right for the amount of waste your center generates?
• Which day(s) of the week would be most beneficial to your center for pickup?
• What is your waste comprised of - how much of it is recyclable?
• Are you using the optimal size of waste dumpster for your needs?
• Is compacting an option for your center? If so, would it affect the cost of removal, either positively or negatively?
"Your operation's needs can change over time. So, it's a good business practice to rethink methods and resources periodically — including how your trash is removed — to make sure they are not only meeting your current needs but also positively impacting your bottom line," says Michael Mintz, CEO of Waste Cost Solutions. "A professional audit of your retail center's waste generation and removal will show areas where improvements can be made, and a waste removal consultant can help you formulate a plan that's efficient and protects your profits."